fbpx

Condo management have no authority to compound residents who violate SOP

February 26th, 2021 No comments

condo-covid

The management of condominiums or residential areas do not have the authority to impose fines or compounds on residents who violate standard operating procedures (SOP).

This followed a viral post on social media about a one-year-old child who was fined RM100 by the management of a condominium in Ampang for not wearing a face mask while in the elevator.

Senior Minister (Security) Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob said only the Health Ministry (MOH) had the power to issue the compound through the police subject to the Prevention and Control of Infectious Diseases Act.

“So far we have not given the authority to the management of condominiums and apartments or any office to take action. The management’s authority is only limited to maintaining and managing the property.

“So what the management did in the Ampang condominium is wrong and cannot be done. So I hope they withdraw the RM100 compound,” he told a press conference on the development of the Movement Control Order (MCO) here Thursday (Feb 25).

He also said the government had not held any discussions on the issuance of vaccine passports (to individuals who will receive the shots) or on the opening of the country’s borders which would allow people to travel abroad again.

“There is no date set for that yet, the government is still seeking feedback from the World Health Organisation (WHO) on the vaccine passport.

“This is because the government does not know what vaccines are acceptable in foreign countries to allow the entry of people from this country into their country. So this matter is still too early to talk about,” he said.

He said the matter would be announced by the Science, Technology and Innovation Ministry and the Health Ministry later.

Source: Bernama

 

Categories: Property News Tags:

Dams, park under PBAPP to reopen tomorrow

February 25th, 2021 No comments 中文版

pbapp-dams-park-open

The Mengkuang Dam in Bukit Mertajam, Teluk Bahang Dam, Air Itam Dam and Bukit Dumbar Recreation Park in Jelutong will officially reopen to visitors for recreational activities starting from tomorrow (Feb 26).

State Youth and Sports Committee chairman Soon Lip Chee said all the three dams and one park under the jurisdiction of Penang Water Supply Corporation (PBAPP) are still closed until today even though all parks under both local councils have already been allowed to reopen to the public from Feb 22.

“This is because at that time, we were waiting for the updates from the relevant authorities regarding these dams and park.

“During the state executive council meeting yesterday (Feb 24), we had decided to reopen all the three dams and one park under PBAPP after receiving the green light from the relevant authorities.

“PBAPP dams and park will open to the public from 7am to 7pm daily,” Soon told reporters during his visit to the Mengkuang Dam in Bukit Mertajam today.

Also present was Penang State Sports Council (MSNPP) director Harry Chai.

According to Soon, only 350 visitors are allowed to enter the Mengkuang Dam and 200 visitors for other two dams and park due to the Covid-19 situation.

“This is important as we have to control the number of visitors to prevent another Covid-19 cluster from emerging.

“I also would like to advise all visitors to observe strict standard operating procedures (SOPs) when visiting the dams and public parks.

“They must practise physical distancing during the recreational activities and avoid social interactions and gatherings after finishing their exercising as this is important to curb the spread of Covid-19,” he added.

Chai also advised the visitors to exercise at their own pace.

“Don’t forget also to drink enough water due to the current hot weather in the country.

“And after finish exercising, please don’t forget to put on your face mask. Stay vigilant and stay safe,” he said.

Source: Buletin Mutiara

 

Categories: Property News Tags:

KPKT in process of gazetting exemption for strata management AGMs in 2020

February 25th, 2021 No comments

agm-exemption

The Ministry of Housing and Local Government (KPKT) is in the process of gazetting an exemption for strata managements with regard to their 2020 annual general meetings (AGM) which could not be held due to the implementation of the Movement Control Order (MCO) to curb the spread of the Covid-19 pandemic.

KPKT’s Municipal Services Division (strata management) senior principal assistant Buhairi Jahilan said the ministry was also looking at the feasibility of holding the AGMs online to allow outstanding matters to be resolved.

“The Strata Management Act or Act 757 places the obligation to implement the AGM within a certain period.

“But due to the enforcement of the Prevention and Control of Infectious Diseases Act 1988 or Act 342 which restricts the movement or gathering of people, the AGM could not be held, besides the fact of having to comply with certain standard operating procedures (SOPs),” he said.

He said the feasibility of the AGM was subject to the COVID-19 situation and movement control imposed in the area where the stratified building community was situated, and for example, JMBs and MCs in Recovery MCO (RMCO) areas need to hold an AGM as soon as possible to meet the requirements under Act 757.

Buhairi said this while appearing as a panelist in a webinar organised by the Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL) here, yesterday.

The virtual programme was attended by almost 300 stratified building communities and was officiated by Kuala Lumpur Mayor Datuk Seri Mahadi Che Ngah.

At the same time, Buhairi said there were certain provisions in Act 757 that allowed JMBs and MCs to create their own house rules regarding the COVID-19 pandemic as deemed appropriate.

However, he said, the rules should not exceed what is stipulated under Act 342, and ratification must be done through the AGM.

Therefore, Buhairi hopes that JMBs, MCs and the stratified building community can submit proposals to KPKT or their respective local authorities on improving the SOP for the implementation of the AGM to carry out their responsibilities under Act 757.

“In a test move, the Commissioner of Buildings (COB) under DBKL will be the pilot project to hold an online AGM on Feb 26.

“We hope this will be a starting point so that AGMs that are well organised and in compliance with the rules and requirements of Act 757 can be implemented successfully,” he said.

Source: EdgeProp.my

 

Categories: Property News Tags:

Taman Riang

February 24th, 2021 No comments

taman-riang

Taman Riang, a small landed residential development by Airmas Group at Butterworth. Located on a 1.5-acre land near the ever-bustling Jalan Raja Uda, it is less than 4km away from Penang Sentral and Butterworth ferry terminal. The site is surrounded by mature amenities which include banks, popular eateries, markets, schools, hypermarkets.

The proposed development will feature 18 units of 2-storey terrace houses with a built-up size of at least 1,600 sq.ft. Each unit will come with 4 bedrooms and bathrooms.

Project Name : Taman Riang
Location : Raja Uda, Butterworth
Property Type : Terrace house
Tenure : Freehold
Land Area: 1.46 acre
Built-up Area: 1,600 sq.ft. onwards
Total Units : 18
Indicative Price: (to be confirmed)
Developer : Airmas Development Sdn. Bhd.

Register your interest here

(This information will be used to keep you updated on the project and future development.)
*By submitting this Form, you hereby agree to our PDPA Consent Clause.

Location Map:

 

 

PSR project to proceed as planned

February 24th, 2021 1 comment

psr-phase2

The Penang government has not received any injunction or stop work order to prevent it from continuing to procure information of fishermen who will be affected by the Penang South Reclamation (PSR) project.

Deputy Chief Minister I Datuk Ahmad Zakiyuddin Abdul Rahman said this was because the appeal process for the approval of the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) would not affect the exercise to procure the affected fishermen’s information.

“With regards to statements that the project should not proceed since the appeal is pending, the state government wants to stress that the appeal process will not affect the running of the project,” he told newsmen here today.

The fishing community had filed an appeal against the approval of the EIA report by the director-general of Environmental Quality.

The Appeals Board has yet to hear the appeal.

Prior to this, Badan Pemikir Melayu Pulau Pinang (Pemikir) had questioned the desperate attempt by the state government to proceed with the project even though it is pending the appeal’s hearing.

Chairman Datuk Dr Muhamad Farid Saad had also said that the state government seemed to issue confusing statements with regards to negotiations with stakeholders for the project.

According to Zakiyuddin, the state government is disappointed with the actions of certain quarters who are out to create fear among the fishermen on the reclamation project.

“In fact, there are those who threatened the fishermen, saying that unregistered fishermen will not receive support to renew their fishing licence and permits to enable them to get the necessary assistance,” he said.

He also advised the head of the southern fishermen’s unit to organise a meeting with the state government to get the real information about the state’s plans and provide their feedback.

As of Feb 23, said Zakiyuddin, 423 fishermen of the total 1,615 had registered at the Fishermen Registration Service Centres in Permatang Damar Laut and Gertak Sanggul to provide their feedback towards the project’s Social Impact Management Plan (SIMP).

“We hope all fishermen from all nine units in the southern coast will register with the state soon.

“We are open to meeting them directly and discussing with them any issues they have regarding the SIMP,” he said.

It was reported that work on the PSR is expected to start at the end of next month or early April once the state obtains approval for its Environmental Management Plan (EMP).

Phase one of the reclamation for Island A will start first in phases, with the reclamation works scheduled to be completed by 2027.

The state submitted the EMP to the Department of Environment for approval in January and expects to get approval for the report soon.

Source: NST Online

 

Categories: Property News Tags: